NetHelpDesk can create approval processing for tickets. In your organisation, you may need different types of approval for different types of call.
An Approval Process can be started at:
Ticket Level Automatic approval process from when the ticket is created.
Action Level Within an existing ticket, an Approval Process can be manually started.
A ticket can be approved in several ways in NetHelpDesk:
a) By an individual Agent Account.
b) A Group of Agent Accounts (Change Advice Board or CAB).
c) One pre-defined End User for a site.
d) By request’s End User.
e) A “Department Head” for an Approval Department.
f) Approver chosen when starting process
g) Approver determined by Rules.
Option e) allows for someone to approve a process for multiple sites, whereas option c) allows for someone to approve a process at just that one site.
1. Go to N > Setup > Main Configuration > Change Management > Approval Processes.
2. Click Add, and add a sensible Description.
3. You can now add a step, or multiple steps if required, for the process.
4. If using a multiple step option, NetHelpDesk will work down the list sequentially, according to the sequence number specified in each step.
5. Click Add Step.
6. Select a Sequence Number. (Number 1 is the first step that will be followed and so on…)
7. Select from the options available, the Approver will approve this step:
8. Select whether to inform the Agent of the Outcome by e-mail.
9. Select whether to inform the End User of the Outcome by e-mail.
10. Choose a Status if Approved (as necessary).
11. Choose a Status if Rejected (as necessary).
12. Click OK.
13. Add additional steps as required, using the steps above.
14. Click OK when complete.
If an approval process is to notify a group of Agents, instead of just one Agent, the CAB option is available.
1. Go to N > Setup > Main Configuration > Change Management > Change Advice Boards.
2. Click Add.
3. Add a sensible description.
4. Specify the number of approvals required.
5. Available Agent Accounts display in the right hand column.
6. Highlight a Agent and click Add button to add the Agent to the Member of Board column.
7. This Change Advice Board will now appear in a drop down menu in the Create an Approval Process steps above.
At each Site level, one End User can be defined under each Site that can approve as part of an approval process.
1. Right click on the selected End User under the site level.
2. Go to the Advanced Tab.
3. Select the checkbox This user can approve Change Requests.
4. This user will then be the nominated approver for any approval process invoked for calls by any user’s request at their site, where the “Defined End User” option has been selected.
5. If more than one End User has this option checked under one site level, NetHelpDesk will pick the first user with this option checked alphabetically in that Site User list.
A “Department” can be created that allows one End-User to be nominated as the “Head of Department”. This feature doesn’t necessarily refer to a Department within your organisation, or your Customer’s organisation. It merely allows one person to be nominated as the “Head Approver” for users over multiple sites.
1. Go to N > Setup > Main Configuration > Users > Tree View Settings.
2. Select the checkbox Use Departments and change the label, if required.
3. Click OK.
4. Now go to Requests – Current View on the main screen. Department is now a selection. (click on another view such as Assets/Devices and back again to refresh, as necessary)
5. Right click on the Department Top Level and select New Department.
6. Add “Department” name and click OK.
7. Now you have a “Department”, you need to:
a. Nominate a “Head of Department”, and
b. Add people whose requests will be approved by that Head of Department during any approval process where “Department Head” approves.
8. Both of these options can be done by right clicking on a User account, Edit User > Advanced Tab > Department Details and selecting the Department.
9. Nominate only one user as the Head of that Department. If more than one End User has this option checked, NetHelpDesk will pick the first user with this option checked in the main tree list.
NetHelpDesk allows you to set option rules that can be used in an approval process. The first rule in the sequence that matched the values that you choose is used.
1. Go to N > Setup > Main Configuration > Change Management > Approval Process Rules. Click Add.
2. You can add a rule, or multiple rules if required. If using a multiple rule option, the first rule in the sequence that matched the values that you choose is used.
3. Select a Sequence Number. (Number 1 is the first step that will be followed and so on…)
4. Select a Field Name to check against.
5. Add a Field Value to match. Use an asterisk* as a wildcard to match any.
6. Choose just one type of Approver, and click OK.
Our Support team are available to assist with anything you may need.
NetHelpDesk is available on a range of devices with industry-leading functionality available throughout.