If your company has a Facebook page, NetHelpDesk can manage that Facebook page for you, and create tickets from any posts on that Facebook page. You can control which Agent(s) in your team have access to view the Facebook integration, so it is not on show to all. However, by default, without any settings, the integration will show to all Agents.
When using the Facebook integration for the first time, the Technician setting up the integration will be asked to log into Facebook, using an account that has administrative rights to the company page you wish to utilise.
Once NetHelpDesk has been authorised as an app on Facebook, no further logins are required, and the Technician can carry on using the integration without the need to re-login.
To authorise NHD:
A. Click on either:
i. The Facebook button on the main screen Tools tab, or
ii. The Not Logged In caption on the Statistics pane.
B. The Log Into Facebook form will appear, with fields for User Account and Page.
C. The first time this screen appears, the dropdowns will be empty.
D. Select Add New Account.
This will take you to an OAuth web-login form.
PLEASE NOTE: If the page doesn’t load, the page may be blocked by your browser settings, or by your IT team e.g. via a proxy.
The website: “https://www.facebook.com” will need to be either added as a trusted site, in your Internet Explorer settings, or speak with your IT team about allowing this web address through for this process.
You will also need to ensure that cookies are enabled in Internet Explorer.
E. Log into Facebook using an account that has administrative access rights to the page you wish to manage.
F. Upon successful login, the following screens will require you to grant access for NetHelpDesk to access some Facebook features.
G. Accept these, and you will be taken back to the initial login screen, with your authenticated user account in the User Account dropdown, and all the pages that you can manage in the Page dropdown.
H. Select a page from the dropdown.
I. Select Log In to manage the page you have selected from the drop down.
J. To get NetHelpDesk to log you into this page on start-up, check the Log me into this page automatically checkbox.
When logging in again in future, you will only need to select the User Account and Page from the dropdowns, as this information is saved in the database.
Once you are logged into your Facebook page, there will be two screens where you can manage the page; the main Facebook screen, and the Mini-Feed in the Statistics Pane.
Once NetHelpDesk has been authorised as an app to interact with your Page, the Facebook management screen is available.
1. In the top right hand corner of the main screen, the screen name of the page you are currently logged into, is displayed. Clicking here will allow you to select another page to log into.
2. The Tagged Posts and Page Posts labels are also buttons, which allow you to toggle between the two options.
Tagged Posts - Will show any posts by other users on the pages wall.
Page Posts - Will show your own posts or status.
3. Type a post or status and send it to Facebook from here.
4. These are your most recent posts. The Facebook user’s name is shown.
Right click > Edit user > Advanced Tab > Social Media. Specify a user’s ID.
If the Facebook User ID is matched to a user in the NetHelpDesk database, this will show the Area/Client, Site and User instead.
5. View or add comments on a post using the View Comments or Comment links. Selecting this will display a screen with the comments history on that post.
6. Use the Create ticket button to create a NetHelpDesk ticket using the Facebook post.
This will use the default ticket type for technicians via windows. To check what yours is set to, go to N > Setup > Advanced Options > New ticket Settings > General.
If a post already has a ticket linked to it, it will instead show the ticket ID. Double clicking the number, will open the ticket. Further comments from your company or from the end-user, will be automatically added to the ticket as actions.
7. The number of posts shown can be adjusted here.
8. The Refresh Now button will force a refresh of this screen. However, the feed will update automatically whenever the list on the main screen in NetHelpDesk is refreshed.
Tickets created by Facebook posts will behave exactly the same way, as any other standard tickets in NetHelpDesk
When replying to any ticket created from a Facebook post, the action screen will automatically have a checkbox at the bottom of the action screen saying Post on Facebook. When enabled, whatever you write in the notes field of the action, will post the reply as a comment, on the Facebook post that the ticket was created from.
Any comments on posts that have been turned into tickets, will be automatically added to the ticket as an action, the next time the Facebook feed refreshes.
The other way to utilise the Facebook integration is to use the Mini-Feed found in the Statistics Pane, available on the right hand side of the main screen. If you cannot see yours, go to N > View > Statistics Pane.
1. This is the screen name of the account you are currently logged into. Clicking here when not logged in will allow you to log in.
2. This is a mini-version of the main grid on the main Facebook screen. Double clicking will open the comments on the post.
3. This is a shortcut to open the main Facebook screen, discussed previously.
To create ticket from a Facebook post, you will need to use the Create ticket button in the Main Facebook Screen grid. Please see the previous section.
Should you need any assistance with this, or any other feature in NetHelpDesk, simply contact us. We want you to get the most from the product, and our teams are always happy to help.
NetHelpDesk is available on a range of devices with industry-leading functionality available throughout.