NetHelpDesk can import Clients, Sites, Users and Assets from a LabTech database. NetHelpDesk connects straight to the LabTech database using an ODBC connection. The sync can be setup as an on-going sync, and run as a scheduled task.
To sync with LabTech’s MySQL database, two elements need to be created.
a) An ODBC connection.
b) a UDL file that connects to the LabTech database.
On the NetHelpDesk server:
1. Install the MySQL ODBC connector. This can be downloaded from:
The 32 bit connector is required as NetHelpDesk is a 32 bit application.
2. When installed, go to Administrative Tools on the Control Panel of the server.
3. Open ODBC Data Sources (32-bit). From here, add a new User Data Source, using the MySQL ODBC ANSI driver.
4. Enter the credentials to access the MySQL instance on the following screen.
5. Select the LabTech database from the dropdown.
6. Use the test connection button to ensure that you can connect to the database using the credentials you have entered.
7. If the test is successful, select OK to create the connection.
Now we need to create the udl file. On the server:
1. Take a copy of the existing NetHelpDesk.udl file, and call it LabTech.udl.
2. Open the udl file and on the Provider tab, select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers.
3. On the Connection tab, select your newly creating data source as the data source.
4. Enter the credentials to connect to the database again, selecting the LabTech database from the dropdown.
5. The test connection button at this point may not necessarily work, if the server has a 64 bit OS. However, it should work in the NetHelpDesk application still.
Now that the ODBC connection and Labtech.udl file have been configured, we are ready to run the import process in NetHelpDesk.
1. Open the NetHelpDesk client and go to N > Setup > Main Configuration > Integrations.
2. There you should see a section for LabTech Settings. If you do not see this, you will need to upgrade NetHelpDesk to at least version 10.04.
3. Enter the file path of the Labtech.udl file where indicated in the screenshot.
4. Selecting Import Now will run the import of Clients, Sites, Users, and Assets.
To read this guide, click HERE.
Should you need any assistance with this, or any other feature in NetHelpDesk, simply contact us. We want you to get the most from the product, and our teams are always happy to help.
NetHelpDesk is available on a range of devices with industry-leading functionality available throughout.