Within NetHelpDesk, the functionality to send an Email to multiple Email addresses stored in your database is available. Each user is sent an Email individually, and will not see Email addresses of other recipients. It will be as if you had sent Email individually, and personalised to the end-user.
Using a query in the Reporting Suite to produce a list of Email addresses and usernames, and then use this list as the “To” address box. Then using the Email templates list to populate the body of the Email, and then simply click send.
In the Reporting Suite, create a new profile that will populate two columns; “emailto” and “username”. An example of a simple query is:
select uusername as username, uemail as emailto, (select sarea from site where ssitenum=usite) as clientid from users where usite=1 and uemail<>''
This query accesses the database to populate the “emailto” column with the Email address of the user, and the “username” column as the user’s full user name, where the site ID is 1 and the Email address field is not empty.
You now have a list of usernames and Email addresses to form your sending list.
There are two options, to send to just the “First name” in the username column, or to both, so no matter which you prefer, we will show you how to utilise this functionality later in this guide.
Next, you need to create an Email template to use, to form the basis of what you are sending out.
1. Go to the N > Setup > Main Configuration > Outgoing Email > Email Templates.
2. Choose an empty Email template from the user Email list, and Edit.
When editing the template, specify:
a) A short description that helps you to easily identify the Email template from the others,
b) Subject Line that captures the recipient’s attention.
c) The body of the Email EXACTLY how you want it to appear to the end-user, with rich text formatting, signatures and anything else you may require.
3. To send to just the username’s first name, use $firstname as the variable.
4. To send to the username’s full name, use $username as the variable.
5. If there is any information from NetHelpDesk you would like to include that isn’t currently available, please let our Support Team know, and we will add to the program for you.
6. Click OK to save the Email template.
On the main screen, Home tab, click the Send Email button. This will open up the Email sending screen.
1. Select another mailbox to send from, if not from the default mailbox. Leave blank if not different.
2. Select the Email template that you have created in the steps prior using short description.
3. Select the SQL Reporting Suite query to create the “To” list. The Email fields will then grey out.
4. Attach any attachments you wish to send to the end user with each Email.
Once you click OK, the Emails will be generated, and added to a queue to Email to your end users. The end-user will then receive an Email, which looks like it was personally sent to them.
Our Support team are available to assist with anything you may need. Please contact us on http://www.nethelpdesk.com/contact
NetHelpDesk is available on a range of devices with industry-leading functionality available throughout.