The Data Analyser functionality in NetHelpDesk allows for any type of reporting on data held in the database that you may ever need. If the data is in NetHelpDesk, you can report on it.
The ability to produce endless reports from the database directly has always been, and will continue to be available to all. The Data Analyser allows querying of data from the general user interface.
Based on SQL queries, knowledge of SQL is not necessary to use this extremely powerful tool. For more advanced reporting, SQL knowledge may be needed. Our team offer basic report writing as part of your support package, but more complex requirements are available at an hourly cost. Speak with your NetHelpDesk representative for further details.
To understand more about how the data is structured, go to here for a separate guide on SQL query fields.
In the main screen, go to the main menu, Reports, and you will see the Analyser options.
If the SQL query will be used in a multitude of reports, you can build the basics of the profile here.
1) Add in a detailed description of the query, to separate it from others.
2) In the SQL field, add in the SQL query required.
This query could be as simple as Select * from faults. It could be more complex.
3) Click OK to save.
4) Build as many basic SQL Config profiles that your organisation would need.
A suite of pre-written reports are already available to all Customers to choose from. If these aren’t available as part of your install, these can soon be added in for you.
Alternatively, create your own.
1) Click Add.
2) If you wish to use a Profile created above, select from the drop down menu, and click OK.
3) If you do not wish to use a Profile, just click OK without touching the drop down menu.
4) This will either prepopulate, or allow you to add in manually, the SQL string.
5) If you want to have a play with this functionality, use Select * from Request_View as an example.
6) This is where the SQL knowledge ends, and all you need to do, is build the reports that you need.
7) The Field Selection tab shows you all the available fields that you can add to your report, provided by the SQL query above.
8) Highlight individual fields in the “Available Fields” column, and click the single arrow pointing to the right, to add the field to the “Selected Fields” column. These will appear as your columns in the report.
9) If you wish to include all available fields, click the double right arrow.
10) If the field/column names do not make sense, or you would like to change, this can easily be configured back in the SQL query. If you don’t have this knowledge, just speak with our team, and they will be happy to assist.
11) In the Reporting Period tab, select a relevant reporting period.
12) If your query has produced one or multiple date field data, you can select the field most relevant to your reporting period.
For example, if you wanted to look at calls opened in the last month, compared to the call closed in the last month, these would be 2 very different data fields, producing very different results. This functionality flexibility allows for very powerful reporting at the click of a button.
13) The Filter Data tab allows you to include or exclude certain types of data selections from the report you wish to see. You can add as many filters as you would like.
14) The Access Restrictions tab allows for certain reports to be restricted from certain users. This may be used for sensitive information, such as revenue or time logged, and so on.
15) If you do restrict a report, make sure to add yourself first of all. If you are not added to the list, even you won’t be able to run the report!
16) Click Update Profile to save the profile of the report you have just created. Clicking Cancel will not save anything you have configured, and you will have to start again.
NetHelpDesk is available on a range of devices with industry-leading functionality available throughout.