Main Reporting Suite Screen
When opening the reporting suite, you will notice there are different categories for reports, along with previews that are generated. The first thing to note is that there are basic reports within the reporting suite where it is not possible to adjust the SQL script for these (although you can still apply filters to them). These can be identified by the hammer in the bottom left corner of the preview:
In the top right corner of the screen, you can create new reports and dashboards, along with downloading pre existing reports from our online repository.
Underneath, there is also the option to toggle the report visibility between preview view and list view. I would highly recommend using the list view to greatly increase the speed of the reporting suite.
Generating and Configuring New Reports:
First I will go through creating new reports in the reporting suite. When clicking the new button in the top right corner of the main screen, you will be presented with the below screen:
1. The details tab is where you insert the basic information of the report, including the report title, the category it is saved under and a brief description of what the report shows.
2. The report setup tab is where the SQL script for the report needs to be entered. It is worth noting that you should avoid commenting SQL script on this page as this will throw up errors and it will not be immediately clear what is causing these.
3. The fields tab is where you select which fields you would like to appear in the actual report. For each column, the field name will appear in a box on the left hand side. Any of these fields that you would like to be included in the report must be moved to the right hand column otherwise this information will be excluded from the report.
4. The chart setup tab is where you can configure a variety of graphs which can be added to the reports. These include bar charts, pie chart, line graphs etc. These are highly configurable and you can select what information you would like plotted depending on the fields you have made available in the report.
5. The availability tab is where you can configure which agents can view/edit the reports. If you have multiple technicians with access to the reporting suite, although there is a report which you do not wish certain technicians to have access to, this is where you block this access.
6. The preview report tab is where you look at the final report. On this page, you can select the date range for your report, along with applying filters to the report:
The reporting period can be based upon any date field included in the report. For example, if you wish to report on both the datecleared and dateoccured fields, these will be available in the reporting period drop down if they have been included in the SQL script for the report. The *SQL Field* reporting period is a built in function. This uses the identifiers @startdate and @enddate, so for example, you could have 'datecleared>@startdate and datecleared<@enddate' in your SQL script and then the SQL field (set to last week for example) would look at all tickets which have a datecleared contained within last week.
Scheduling and Sending Reports:
At the top of your newly created report page, you will see these buttons:
These buttons allow you to export your report to excel/generate a pdf, along with sending the report as a standalone email or scheduling the report to be sent at specific dates and times on a recurring schedule (I have highlighted the button for this). This schedule creation is very self-explanatory, but if you should have any difficulty setting one of these up, please let me know. It is also worth noting that to send scheduled reports, you will need to have the checkbox 'Create Auto/Recurring Requests' box checked in your NHServer program (other configuration).
To download pre-existing reports from our online repository, you will need to use the 'download reports' button on the main reporting suite page (located in the top right). This will bring up a list of all the reports that are available to you to download. Simply select a report you would like to access, select download and this will then be available in your reporting suite, appearing under the specified category of the report.
Our Support team are available to assist with anything you may need.
NetHelpDesk is available on a range of devices with industry-leading functionality available throughout.