Statuses are the easiest way to track whereabouts a request is in its lifetime when open, and being worked on. As with all other parts of the program, NetHelpDesk offers sensible suggestions to be utilised from our years of experience in the help desk software industry. They are the ones our Customers have useful time and again. Some prefer to add more due to the nature of their business, others use very few. The choice remains yours, and you can add, edit or delete statuses as necessary.
If editing or deleting, remember that the status will be tracked throughout a ticket’s lifetime. There may be requests that have used a status that when deleted, will not be suitable for audit trails. Better that it is inactivated. If there are open requests with a status, and it is edited or deleted, they too will be affected by this change, and so it is imperative to have thought the change through. If deleting, what will it be replaced with? What will happen to the other requests when it is gone? Simple SQL queries can be run in the database to swap request status around when editing. Speak with our Support team when doing so, should you need assistance.
To review and edit/add status in NetHelpDesk:
1. Click N > Setup > Main Configuration > Statuses to configure.
2. You can add many Status Values, and which part of the application they are used in.
e.g. Requests, Orders, Items.
3. If you need a status value to appear in multiple areas, such as both Requests and Orders, duplicate status values will need to be created, with their specified “used for” selected.
4. Select a colour if you wish to highlight the status in the main column view. The cell with the status specified will be coloured as you specify. The numeric colour code is displayed in black, so you can judge what the text will look like against the coloured background.
5. There are certain status values that are used in specific parts of NetHelpDesk, such as “With Supplier”, used for logging requests to third party companies.
6. There is also a recurring e-mail setting, which is useful for status used in Sales Leads and Opportunities for example. If there are leads that are placed in a certain status, they can be sent regular e-mails based on an e-mail template, if required.
7. Statuses can be restricted by Request Type, so if you have a set of status values that you specifically wish to use for Projects, specify them for “Requests” in the Status area, but in the Request Type(s) used for Projects, restrict the status values to only appear on those Request Types. All others will not appear, and the ones you have selected will not appear anywhere else.
8. Setting the status of calls can also be specified at the Action button level, so when the action button is used, the status changes to a predefined setting.
9. The status can also be predefined for when an end-user updates the request with more information, and this is set at the Request Type level also.
10. There are also Quote, Sales Order, Purchase Order, Change Request, Adding New Request, Release, Contract statuses, but these are discussed in their relevant areas for advanced use.
NetHelpDesk is available on a range of devices with industry-leading functionality available throughout.