The Notify program in the NetHelpDesk folder can be run on the local workstation, and used for the TAPI Interface.
PLEASE NOTE: Notify is not currently available for use with Hosted accounts, unless told otherwise by a NetHelpDesk representative.
When a user calls, the Notify program will open up, click Sync to Main Program and NetHelpDesk main Windows application will open. If in the Main Screen, the cursor will be positioned by the user in the tree view with that telephone number, allowing you to quickly see outstanding tickets, or raise a new call.
For incoming calls:
1. Make sure that the TAPI drivers for the phones you are using are installed on the local workstation. These can usually be downloaded from the handset maker’s website.
2. The Notify.exe program is included in the NetHelpDesk folder, either on the installation folder, or local Program Files NetHelpDesk folder. You need to open and run this on the local workstation for the TAPI interface to work.
3. When running, the program will appear in the system tray icons.
4. Double click to open.
5. Click the Call Handling tab. Your integration will be confirmed.
6. Select the correct TAPI device from the Line Device drop down selection menu.
7. Click Save.
NetHelpDesk allows you to dial a user’s telephone number directly through TAPI device by pressing User phone icon. It will use the default TAPI device on the workstation.
To set the default TAPI device:
1. Open up the Windows Dialer program.
2. Tools > Connect Using > Select Line.
NetHelpDesk is available on a range of devices with industry-leading functionality available throughout.