1. Creating a New Customer
(1 of 5)
To create a new customer, take the following steps:
- Position your mouse over Tickets and select End User view. This will change the tree view on the left to list out your customers.
- Right click Clients and select New Customer. You will notice that there are two customers in the system already – Customer 1 and Unknown. It is important to keep Unknown, however you may rename the other customer.
- You will then be prompted with a new window to input the basic details about the customer. Once you select OK a new customer will be created in the help desk.
- Customers can also be imported from an Excel spreadsheet, active directory and many other applications.
2. Creating a New User
(2 of 5)
To create a new user, take the following steps:
- NetHelpDesk is structured with three tiers - customer, site and user. To add a new user you will need to right click the site and select New User.
- Once selected, a new window will open for you to enter basic details about the user. Upon selecting OK, the new user will be created in the help desk.
3. Logging a New Ticket
(3 of 5)
To log a new ticket, take the following steps:
- Select the New Ticket icon.
- A new window will open with the cursor focussed in the User Name field. Type the name of your user in this box and press Enter. If you are unsure of the name of the user, select lookup and use the filters to find the appropriate user.
- Fill out the remaining fields and then select Add Ticket. This ticket will then be logged in the help desk against the selected user.
- The fields available when logging a new ticket can be changed and this is detailed in the main guide.
4. Adding an Action to a Ticket
(4 of 5)
To add an action to the ticket, take the following steps:
- You can take an action from either the main screen or within a ticket. In both places the actions are identical.
- The Email User action will open a new message for you to send an email to the user.
- The Internal Note action will add a note to the ticket that is not visible to the user.
- The Close Ticket action will close the ticket and mark the work as completed.
- You can add additional actions and configure the fields available on them by going into the Main Configuration. Further information about configuring these can be found in the main guide.
5. Adding a New Agent
(5 of 5)
To add a new agent, take the following steps:
- Go into the Main Configuration. N > Setup > Main Configuration.
- Select Agents.
- There will be a list of predefined Agents in the system. These are all examples and can be changed to become members of your team.
- By double clicking the Agent a configuration screen will open. This presents you with many different options to customize NetHelpDesk for the specific Agent.
- Once configured the Agent will be able to login with the user name and password specified.